Since joining the Pain Care Consultants of Specialists Hospital of Louisiana in 2000, Dr. Ross Nelson has provided patients with experience and expertise to help relieve and manage pain symptoms and facilitate rehabilitation and recovery.
During his fellowship, Dr. Nelson specialized in interventional spine techniques, which seek to diagnose and treat chronic spine pain by applying cutting edge technology and research. These minimally invasive procedures often result in effective relief for back and neck discomfort.
Training & Honors
- Undergraduate Degree – Vanderbilt University
- Doctor of Medicine Degree – Louisiana State University Medical School, Shreveport, La
- Residency in Anesthesia – Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Tx
- Fellowship in Pain Medicine – Baylor University Medical Center and UT
- Southwestern, Dallas Tx
Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Diplomat of the American Board of Medicine
- Assistant Professor at Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, La
- Past Member of the Board of the Louisiana Pain Society