Dr. Matthew Mosura completed his medical school training at Louisiana State University Health Science Center in Shreveport. He then completed his Anesthesiology residency training at the Texas Medical Center through the University of Texas in Houston, and his Pain Management training at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Dr. Mosura is board certified in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management.
Dr. Mosura has been a member of the Shreveport-Bossier medical community in full time clinical practice since 2007. Dr. Mosura prefers a multi-modal approach to pain management tailored to each individual patient with the goal of less pain, functional improvement, and better quality of life. This may include the use of non-surgical procedures, physical and occupational therapies, psychological therapies, spiritual therapies, and medication management. Common conditions treated by Dr. Mosura include back pain, neck pain, sciatic pain, arthritis pain, herniated disc pain, nerve pain, neuropathies, and cancer pain to name only a few.
When not in the clinic caring for patients, Dr. Mosura enjoys being outdoors with his friends and family. He is also a member and Deacon at First Baptist of Bossier City.
Training & Honors
MD Anderson Cancer Center – August 2006-July 2007 Dept of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
University of Texas Medical School – August 2003-July 2006 Dept of Anesthesiology
Louisiana State University Health Science – July 2002-July 2003 Dept of Internal Medicine
Louisiana State University Health Science – July 1998-June 2002 Doctor of Medicine
Centenary College of LA – August 1995-May 1998 Bachelor of Science with Honors in Biology
CURRENT LICENSURE/BOARD CERTIFICATIONS
- Louisiana State Board of medical Examiners – May 2004-present
- Board certified in Anesthesiology – October 2007-present
- Board certified in Pain Medicine – September 2008-present
- Chief Resident, Dept of Anesthesiology, UT-Houston 2005-2006
- Outstanding Junior Resident, Dept of Anesthesiology, UT-Houston 2004
- Bernstein Academic Scholarship, LSU Medical School, 1998-1999
- Charles M Ross Scholarship, LSU Medical School, 1998-1999
- Cardiovascular anesthesiology training at Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX
- Anesthesiology training at Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX
- Anesthesiology training at Lyndon B Johnson General Hospital, Houston, TX
- Thoracic anesthesiology training at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Internal Medicine training at LSUHSC, Shreveport, LA
- Internal Medicine training at Overton Brooks VA Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
- Pain Medicine training at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX